Pre-IRS hearing Statement by Cindy Sheehan


On April 04, 2004, my oldest son, Casey Sheehan, was killed in Iraq and my heart and life were shattered.

We always disagreed with George Bush and opposed the US’s entries into Afghanistan and then Iraq, but on May 1, 2005, the Downing Street Minutes were discovered about a meeting held at Number 10 Downing Street on July 23, 2002 between Tony Blair and a member of the Foreign Service who had met in Washington DC with then National Security Advisor Condileeza Rice.

The minutes explicitly stated that there was no intelligence indicating an immediate need to invade Iraq, but the invasion, at that point was, “a foregone conclusion.”

In todays fast food, instant message culture, all of this may seem like ancient history, but to the one-million plus people who have been slaughtered for lies, imperial conquest and this government’s lust for and devotion to war, and all the ones that their unnecessary death left behind, the pain will always be fresh.

The US government took something invaluable precious and priceless from me and the murder has not abated with a new administration and not one person who is responsible for the mayhem has been prosecuted.

I will refuse to pay my income taxes until the time, and I hope it’s soon, that our money is used to fully fund a national health care system; free and fully funded education; housing for all; and a more equitable distribution of wealth—and not used for these unending wars.

Some people ask me if I pay my state taxes, and the answer is: not while my state sends billions of dollars to the federal government for its war OF terror while slashing education and other essential social services.

Although my protest is not against, nor is my beef with the IRS, I know for sure that the IRS is used to prosecute political enemies of the state and as I am one of the most outspoken critics of US foreign policy, I believe this is happening to me as this nation is now embarking on further oppressive measures against dissent and I will not cooperate with my own persecution.

Thank you.


Comments

  1. I support your actions. You're right not to pay taxes in defiance of the war machine, but what you propose taxes should be used for would create something much much more evil. A government that provides all can take all. The point you're missing is that taxation is theft. Or maybe you get this, and think it's ok just so long as the stolen money is being spent on things you want. By doing this you're adopting the attitude of the government that you oppose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please limit your comments to the content of the posts---not your self-perceived, self-righteous, personal opinions of the authors/activists who post at this blog. Personal attacks, or threats of violence will not be posted....moderator.

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)